Sunday, January 9, 2011

Nellas' ONEder Fund

Hi everyone, today I'm going to put my potty mouth aside, my whining to a minimum...I know I don't have a LOT of followers, but those who do, I hope you see this post, and I hope you see the love that comes with it.

I've been following Kelle Hampton's blog for a few months now. (You can see the button to her site posted to the right of this post!) Kelle is a Florida photographer, mother of 2 girls, and 2 bonus sons as well.

Her 2nd daughter, Nella, was born Jan 22, 2010, with downs syndrome, unexpectedly. Her birth story is absolutely amazing, it is a must read for all mothers! When you go to her page there is a button that says "Start here if you're new" that will link you to the birth story.

In honor of Nella's upcoming 1st birthday, Kelle started a fundaraiser to raise money for the National Downs Syndrome Society. Her original goal was $15,000. She met that in under 24 hours. So she doubled the goal to $30,000.

As of now, less than 2 days in, she has raised over $22,000.

This is BIG, people.

She asked anyone that has gotten anything from her blog, to donate $5. Or more. $5 is a magazine at the grocery store checkout. Or $5 can be giving designer gene'd kids a chance to do something they may have have be able to.

Pay it forward peeps. Read 1 post from Kelle & you'll be hooked. Click on her button on my page, and it will direct you to her site, where another button will be under her header to direct you to the donation site.

I only donate to things that grab me & suck me in. This is one.

http://www.kellehampton.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment