Thursday, December 23, 2010

This is my official Holiday Post. Gingerbread tastes like shit.

With the holidays rapidly approaching, I figured it was time for a new post. I'm a blogging slacker anymore. Mostly because I can't think of a title. (As evidenced above.)

I've been stressing. Not about the holidays, about life in general again. Involving work and money. While I really enjoy money, I do not enjoy the act of working, nor do I enjoy working and still having no money. How the hell does that happen??

Once again the holidays have snuck up on me. I kept putting off getting my official Christmas shirts to see Santa, something I do every single year, and now it is too late and we will be sporting whatever red shirts I find in the closet. Christmas-1. Mommy-0.

So I made gingerbread men with my son the other night, just to partake in a holiday tradition. While I was stirring up the dough, I was already about to vom. It smells horrendous. Like, really, REALLY bad. But I can honestly say I've had really good gingerbread before, so I figured I'd give it a shot. I set up a section of the counter with all different icings & sprinkles so that my son could decorate until his little hearts content. What did we end up with you ask? Gingerbread men with sad faces made of red hots. Yes, he gave them sad faces. Isn't that so sad?? Whatev. They tasted liked shit anyway, so they're totally just to look at. We're re-doing the cookie thing tonight with no-fail sugar cookies. But I can get kinda crazy when it comes to baking, like, I MUST bake to perfection. I MUST decorate to perfection. It's my thing. So it takes a LOT for me to let my kid have a little fun in the kitchen around the holidays, bc I truly want my baked goods to look better & taste better than everyone else's. I'm competitive with my cookies & cakes. I made some reindeer face cookies for his preschool party last week (my favorite place to show off my skills...to 4 year olds...)and I sent a pic to my bff's phone, and when I got the response "God damn fuckin Betty Crocker", I knew I did good. "Martha Stewart" is also an acceptable comparison.

Merry Christmas to you & yours, from me & mine. :)

                                                                Merry effing Christmas.


                                             Just kidding....there ya go. Some happy faces.

2 comments:

  1. Your little ones are too cute! I like real ginger bread. I feel there is something special and festive about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never made gingerbread because I never have molasses. Also, it kind of scares me. So it's sugar cookies all the way.

    Hope you had a good day!

    ReplyDelete