Thursday, October 22, 2009

Oh, what it takes to make a 3 year old happy....

Well, I haven't had a whole lot to post on lately, so here's a story about my son, that he reminded me of today:

One day, on one of days off, i was sitting here at the computer, which is where I spend most of my time when I'm off work, for lack of anything better to do, and it was some time in the afternoon, when the mail comes. We have a mail slot in our front door that my son likes to play with. He'll put little toys through it, push it open, whatever, keeps the child entertained.

So he was pushing his hands through, and I hear the screen door open, and I hear my dear son say "Thank you!" and a female voice say 'You're welcome!" and I turn around just in time to see him, mail in hand, taking his hand out of the mail slot. He totally reached through the slot and took the mail from the mail carrier, who I can only imagine got a good laugh, and possibly even a little weirded out by the small, tiny hand & arm coming through the mail slot. But I found this HILARIOUS and so cute, and I proceeded to laugh my butt off once I realized what he just did.

Ever since, as soon as he hears the mail, he gets up and runs to the door, but is usually too late. Today, he came close, the mail was pushed through the slot and he got up and pushed open the slot door & said "Thank you!" and laughed and said "Mom he waved at me!" which of course, gave me another good laugh.

We actually had a good day today, which was nice considering just 2 days ago I was a crying hysterical mess, begging him to be nice to me. Nothing makes you feel bipolar quite the way children do. I never thought I stand in front of my child, bawling, asking through my tears "Why aren't you nice to me? Can't you see how upset I am? please, just stop!!" of all the things I've been called in my life, of all the things done to me in my life, my kid calling me a poop head, throwing toys and making a mess is what it takes to make me lose it. *Sigh*

1 comment:

  1. we've all had those days

    i find that the melt downs generally get the little boogers to straighten up though :)

    ReplyDelete