Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Let's get perky!

Ok, so my Debbie Downer moments are D-O-N-E. I am contemplating taking a new direction in my life. For a long time, I have always known that my career as a RDH would not always be my career. I just don't see myself doing it forever. Never really have. Unfortunately, that also means I am stuck, bc there's else I can go to school for around here, without uprooting the fam, where I'd make as much, or more, money. So I've been thinking of other avenues to explore for my future.
Where's my head at now? Photography. Why? Bc it's cool, and I love seeing other people's professional images. And bc I was in a wedding this past weekend, where the photographers had none of their own creative ideas, and I chimed in for a few of them. (Hopefully, they come out good! Haven't seen 'em yet!) Other bridesmaids had ideas as well.

Anyway, I think it's something I could learn. And the initial investment seems it could be pretty low. Just camera & equipment. I could practice on my own kids, family, friends & their families...Just something fun I can do for awhile until I really start to learn some things & eventually take it futher...What do ya'll think?
So the first thing I need, is a good camera. I currently have a $200 point & shoot Olympus, that serves it's purpose, but clearly is a college camera & doesn't take professional quality photographs. Anyone have any recommendations for a good, beginner camera, preferably around $500, give or take???

With that, I'll leave you all with one of the most iconic images of the 1900's, btw, the nurse in this picture passed away this past week.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck to you! I'm looking for a new career too. I recently purchased a $400 Canon in September and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck too you sweetie!!! Lovin your blog!!!

    Come check out my first giveaway!!!!

    Luvs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the Rebel has models in that price range!

    ReplyDelete